AP Firmware update released - 2.2.0.0.23

vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,064

Greetings!

We have released an AP firmware update. The newly released firmware version# is : 2.2.0.0.23

This AP firmware will include support for the following new features:

• Single Hop Mesh
  • Support for RADIUS Accounting
  • Radio Power Control

This release also contains bug fixes and several stability & performance enhancements.

All Xclaim APs will automatically download this latest firmware within 24 hours of it’s release. Once they download the update, please reboot the AP or click on the “UPGRADE” button in CloudManager’s Access Points page to upgrade the AP to the latest version.

Please ensure all your APs are upgraded and running the latest firmware version by October 20th , which is when the CloudManager update will be released.

Regards,
The Xclaim team

Comments

• Mikeyorkie10Mikeyorkie10 Member Posts: 16

Upgraded my access points - 2 off them but can't see anything about meshing - - am I missing something?

• jayjay Member Posts: 7
    Those sound like excellent upgrades. I run a msp account, I've upgraded my customers AP'S today.

Unfortunately I've found all the AP's have forgotten the wlans..
    So manually needed to reattach the wlans to each ap at each site. 
    At one site which runs 3 wlans on one ap, it keeps forgetting the wlans at random.

Any thoughts? This is the only problem I've ever experienced with xclaim
  • vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,064

Hello @jay,

Please look for my DM.

Regards,
    Vybhav

• bschapendonkbschapendonk Member Posts: 8

I'm having some serious issues with this new firmware

The previous version 2.1.0.0.68 has been running fine for months.

I'm using a Xi-3 in a home setup using the embedded web interface for configuration (I was not using the phone app or cloud controller).
    I have two SSID's configured (one is a guest on vlan 200)

Last week I update manually to 2.2.0.0.23 using the "fw update" command using the ssh console.
    This went fine and the AP worked normally for some time.

After some time my network even the wired network just dies, like there is some loop-back issue on the switch.

If I disconnect the Xi-3 my wired network recovers and works normally.
    Reconnecting the Xi-3 causes my wired network to die again after a few minutes.

I already factory reset the Xi-3 a few times, but this doesn't help.
    I also provisioned it using the cloud controller instead of the embedded web website and
    this also gives the same result, except I have a flashing red light!

As an quick temporary fix is there an option to revert the firmware?

ps. my switches are TP-Link's TL-SG108E, i tried enabling/disabling IGMP snooping, but this doesn't help
    and i'm running a pfSense 2.3.2-p1 firewall.

Hello @bschapendonk ,

Can we have a webex meeting to debug this issue? If yes, can you please tell me a convenient time for us to have a 30 minute webex meeting.

Regards,
    Vybhav

• bschapendonkbschapendonk Member Posts: 8

@vybhavram tomorrow 18-10-216 around 18:00-20:00 my time (CEST / UTC+2) would be convenient.

Regards,
    Bart

Hello @bschapendonk ,

Thanks. Please look for my DM for the meeting invite.

Regards,
    Vybhav

• IBERTICIBERTIC Member Posts: 2

Hello,
    We're having problems upgrading Xi2. All ours Xi3 and Xo1 have upgraded without problems. We're using the AP after hotspot. In some case they get upgraded and some not.
    Please help.

Hello @IBERTIC ,

Due to an issue with the AP firmware, we reverted the latest build for the Xi-1 and Xi-2 APs. The current latest build for those 2 APs is still 2.1.0.0.68.

We will be releasing an update with all the fixes in 2-3 days time.

Regards,
    Vybhav

• IBERTICIBERTIC Member Posts: 2

Thank you Vybhav,
    We're waiting then.
    Regards.

• tburrisstburriss Member Posts: 2

@vybhavram ,

Would it be possible to revert my Xo-1's back to 2.1.0.0.68?
    This current firmware is causing our entire wireless network to bug in and out.
    We have about 30 Xo-1's on this network.
    Our setup is used to provide WiFi for a beach resort so we have a lot of people that are currently upset.
    I've turned off client isolation but that only seems to fix part of the problem.
    And 2 to 3 more days is a long time to wait for a fix.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello @tburriss ,

Apologies for the issues caused. Can you please tell us what other issues you are noticing once you disable Client Isolation?

Regards,
    Vybhav

@tburriss Can you please also tell me what your network configuration looks like?

• inter808inter808 Member Posts: 16

So is it safe to upgrade our Xi3?

Hello inter808,
    I've experienced problems on the xi3.
    Ap forgetting wlans

I would hold off for a while

Kind regards,
    Jay

Hello @jay ,

Can you please give us some more details about the AP forgetting the WLANs please?

Regards,
    Vybhav

Hi, no problem.. it's an xi3 that is running 3wlans. 
    Wlan 1 = client isolation with speed limits
    Wlan 2 same as wlan 1 but with slower speed limit
    Wlan 3 no client isolation and no speed restrictions

Admittedly, it's seemed a lot better over the last 5 days.

Basically the wlans are not listed when clicking on the ap in cloud manager. Yet the ap is actually broadcasting the correct setup. 
  • oseose Member Posts: 4

Hi. I have 13 points Xi-1, updates are not available for everyone, but for those that have updates available are not applied. Is there a solution to this problem?

• tburrisstburriss Member Posts: 2

@vybhavram

We have two Wlan’s.
    Both are configured exactly the same except one has rate limiting and the other doesn’t.

Both are still having issues.

Both are WPA2
    Using 2.4g and 5g
    vlan 1
    Client isolation is off
    Mac filtering is off

Please understand that I’m not trying to be rude here, as I'm sure that you're doing all that you can because you seem to be the only person taking care of the support for this equipment… However from a business and professional standpoint this is unacceptable. This faulty firmware was released 10 days ago and we still have yet to see a patch or anything from xclaim.

We have no control over rolling the firmware back or forward at our own will. This wouldn’t be such a big issue if you would be willing to roll the firmware back for us but that doesn’t seem to be an option with this product. So we are completely at your mercy.

How is it that this firmware was released with all of these major issues? How were these problems missed in the testing of the firmware before it was released?

We have multiple properties that we’ve been using these xclaims on but right now we are talking about pulling all of these xclaim access points down from all of these properties and replacing them with a product that is reliable. This product has been great for the most part but this entire ordeal and the fact that there is still no fix and that I can’t roll back my firmware is unacceptable. This whole experience makes us want to never touch this product again if I’m being honest.

Hello @tburriss ,

Our apologies for the delay caused. We will revert shortly about when the update/patch will be released. In the meantime, can you please tell me what you are noticing in your WLANs?

I understand your network configuration . What issue are you noticing when clients connect?

This is to help me understand the problem better so that I can help you resolve it.

Regards,
    Vybhav

Hello @jay ,

Please let me know if we can have a Webex meeting sometime. I can login to your APs and CM and check why the networks are not showing up on CloudManager.

Regards,
    Vybhav

Hello @tburriss ,

If client-isolation was enabled before and you disabled it now , can you please reboot the APs? This will stop the ARP flooding issue.

Regards,
    Vybhav

• ePhenomenaePhenomena Member Posts: 11

Dear Vibhav

One of our customer is facing the same issue as tburriss. They have 24 APs and since the new firmware upgrade the whole wireless network is down. They are observing port flapping on the cisco switches. Please note all the APs are on static channel and client isolation enable/disable doesnt make any difference.

Please let us know if there is a fix for this already. We can give you remote access if required.

Regards,
    ePhenomena

• croper1croper1 Member Posts: 2

Dear Vibhav,

Similar to tburriss and ePhenomena we are finding the new firmware essentially non functional. We desperately need to have a fix in place as we have several hundred users and multiple larger customers negatively impacted. Can we get a clear answer on when a fix will be in place? Is there a patch that is coming? Can we do a roll back? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. We are a few days away from having to pull and replace ALL of our APs that are on this firmware.

Thanks

Croper1

Hello all,

Our sincere apologies for the delay caused.

We now have fixed all the issues and have released a new AP firmware update. The version number for this build is 2.2.0.0.27.Please upgrade all your APs to the latest build.

This build contains client-isolation , ARP and other mesh related enhancements.

The CloudManager update will be coming either later this week or early next week.

Please let me know if you face any issues with the latest build.

On behalf of everyone at Xclaim, thank you for your support and your interest.

Regards,
    Vybhav