CloudManager 1.4 and AP firmware update - COMING SOON!

vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,064
edited October 2016 in What's New

Greetings!

We have some exciting news! We will be releasing an Xclaim AP firmware update on the 14th of October followed by a CloudManager update(CM 1.4) on the 20th of October.

This update will include support for the following new features:

• Single Hop Mesh for Xi-3 and Xo-1
  • Support for RADIUS Accounting
  • Radio Power Control
  • MSP AP Offline notification enhancements

It will also include fixes and several other enhancements.

All Xclaim APs will automatically download the latest firmware within 24 hours of it’s release. Once they download the update, please reboot the AP or click on the “UPGRADE” button in CloudManager’s Access Points page to upgrade the AP to the latest version.

In order to make use of all the new features , please ensure that all of your APs are updated and running the latest AP firmware version by the time the new CloudManager update is released.

Regards,
The Xclaim team

Comments

• Mikeyorkie10Mikeyorkie10 Member Posts: 16

hi vybhavram, can you confirm if the Cloudmanager update has happened. Had a quick look and can't see anything? Both my AP's have updated OK. Thanks

• johanfloryjohanflory Member Posts: 10

update(CM 1.4) on the 20th of October, Its 26th October i cannot find a new cloud manager?

• vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,064
    Hello ,

The cloudmanager release has been postponed due to issues discovered in the AP firmware that were fixed.

please expect to see the release  withinin 2 weeks

regards
    vybhav

Does this mean there will be another firmware update prior to the cloud manager release?

• shriramrsshriramrs Member, Xpert, Moderator Posts: 185

Hi @Mikeyorkie10,

We have released a new AP Firmware update (version number for this build is 2.2.0.0.27) with all the fixes already. Cloudmanager 1.4 release will be coming within 2 weeks.

Regards,
    Shriram

Firmware upgrade installed yesterday and stability seems to be restored ..... time will tell..

• shriramrsshriramrs Member, Xpert, Moderator Posts: 185

Thanks for getting back to us @Mikeyorkie10

Regards,
    Shriram

Any update on the associated Cloudmanager update release date?

• johanfloryjohanflory Member Posts: 10

Any update about the cloudmanager update?

• timh0403timh0403 Member Posts: 2

Please give use any update about those futures below, when we can use those in the the Cloadmanager;
    Still i'm waiting for weeks but i see no new futures add in the Cloadmanager.

• Single Hop Mesh for Xo-1
    • Radio Power Control

Is there a way @vybhavram to force the cloadmanger update from your point of view?

Regards,
    Tim

• CapNicolasCapNicolas Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2016

You said on "October 26: Cloudmanager 1.4 release will be coming within 2 weeks ??"
    We are still waiting for this update. Always delayed. It's not very serious.

• vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,064
    edited November 2016

Greetings from Xclaim!

CloudManager 1.4 is now available! This version contains the following:

• Single Hop Mesh Support (For Xi-3 , Xo-1 APs)
    • Radio Tx Power control
    • RADIUS Accounting
    • MSP Offline notification enhancements

This version also contains other usability enhancements and bug fixes.

Please Note : To take advantage of the new features that are being introduced, please ensure that all the APs in your network are updated and running the latest firmware version (2.2.0.0.27).

Please login to http://cloud.xclaimwireless.com with your existing CloudManager account to take advantage of new features. We recommend reloading the page using "Control+Shift+R"(windows) or "Cmd+Shift+R"(osx) to ensure that the browser reloads all the elements of the page and ignores its local cache.

Also, to help you understand Single-Hop mesh concepts and configuration , we have attached a document with all the required information.

Please let us know if you see any issues. Thank you for helping us make CloudManager better.

Regards,
    The Xclaim Wireless Team

• RuckusmanRuckusman Member Posts: 26

Hi!

I have been working with Ruckus for more than 10 years. I personally think that Mediflex was the best product that they have ever made ;) .

When they have finnaly released XClaim Mesh I have tried it imediately. I was searching replacement for legendard pack MF 3811 (ap2811 +client 2111) and my waiting is finnaly over. It's better ... I got even more. Now I can watch HD channels also !

I work with wifi networks every day. I see how 2,4 GHz is becoming totaly overcroaded. My estimation (and my personal experience) is that 5GHz works almost with same range as 2,4GHz. According to laws of physics, there should be lower range for higher frequency. Well, it looks like interference level is becoming critical on 2,4 GHz.

Now I have much harder work to do. I have to test HD IPTV :) :) :)

I attached my test report. I made practical test and compared XI3 with Mediaflex.

If you click following links, you will make our web page administrator happy :)

MF 3811 presentation http://www.telos.si/ruckus/MediaFlex_paket.htm

XCLAIM presentation http://www.telos.si/Xclaim_Wireless.htm

Thank you again for good product !!

Best Regards, Peter.