Client Isolation blocks Internal DNS

Hi there,

I know this is by design but I feel that blocking ALL internal client communication within the internal network can be counter-productive with the Client Isolation feature.

I believe that the Client Isolation feature should allow whitelisted IP addresses so for example Printers IPs aren't blocked and more importantly for businesses internal DNS server IP addresses aren't blocked.

We run a Windows Active Directory which requires internal DNS servers and as such all our internal traffic including Wifi gets routed to the internal DNS servers. However, if a guest uses our guest network with "Client Isolation" enabled they cannot connect to the internet as the internal DNS servers get assigned.

Having come from a Cisco Meraki and being allowed to whitelist the two DNS servers it seems a bit odd that we can't configure this option on an access point by Ruckus who are designed for small businesses with enterprise hardware and software.

I hope you guys will consider this.

Thanks,
Theo

Comments

• vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,063

Hello @theoc ,

Thank you for your feature request. We will definitely consider this as an enhancement in our future CLoudManager versions.

Regards,
    Vybhav

• theoctheoc Member Posts: 2

Any followup on this? This seems a bit counter-intuitive for most smaller businesses who need whitelisted private DNS servers for Windows Active Directory to work as Client Isolation blocks it.

It should really allow you to whitelist additional IPs besides the gateway as otherwise you have a useless guest networking feature as it can't access anything but a gateway but also equally no DNS servers!

Thanks

@vybhavram said:
    Hello @theoc ,

Thank you for your feature request. We will definitely consider this as an enhancement in our future CLoudManager versions.

Regards,
    Vybhav