Xi-1 Offline in Cloudmanager

HeathlandHeathland Member Posts: 85

Hello,

As discussed before, I'm suffering (again) the issue that multiple Xi-1's are offline in Cloudmanager.
(multiple AP's, all Xi-1 at multiple sites) Very inconvenient!!

Network is OK, and (fortunately) the customer is suffering no outage.
But, I can't manage the AP anymore (and no logging is performed in Cloudmanger)

To make things clear, hereby screenshot of router, at this site, two Xi-1 units are installed.
Unit with IP adres 192.168.20.3 is working fine, unit with IP adres 192.168.20.2 is offline.
As you can see (screenshot) 192.168.20.2 is having a SSH connection with Cloudmanager, but no data is transferred. I know, that with older firmware the same issue can occur, seems like this is the same bug?

Can you guys please, please debug this issue, it's very inconvenient and can only be solved by power cycling the AP.

Let me know a.s.a.p.

BR!

Comments

• vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,063

Hello @Heathland ,

Can you please let me know when you'd be available for a meeting to debug this issue? We can discuss more and resolve this issue on the call.

Regards,
    Vybhav

• HeathlandHeathland Member Posts: 85

Hello Vybhavram,

Don't know exactly which timezone you guys have, but glad to hear you want to debug.
    I will sent you a DM with my contact details, so we can try to setup a meeting.

BR!

• danieljandersondanieljanderson Member Posts: 37

I would like to see results posted here for us all to learn from.

Hello @danieljanderson ,

Definitely. Once we debug , we will post details about the issue was.

Regards
    Vybhav

• bumgarbbumgarb Member Posts: 11

Was this resolved? I seem to have a similar issue. Xi-3 AP is working fine for client - he is able to use the Internet. However, Cloud manager reports his AP is offline.

• ePhenomenaePhenomena Member Posts: 11

Hi vybhavram

One of our customer is having the same issue. Xi-1 is shown offline on cloud but can use internet on the SSID from the AP.

If the AP is put behind a DSL/Fiber connection then it is shown online in cloud but the issue comes after connecting it via a 4G router(4G modem is Huawei E5172).

However, the AP is seen online on cloud if we reset the AP and the 4G router. But this is only for a short while and then it gets offline again.

We have already tried the workarounds mentioned in this forum.
    The LED is blinking RED.

Please advise. This is very important!

Hello @ePhenomena ,

Do you notice the AP going offline ever when behind the DSL/Fiber connection?

Regards,
    Vybhav

No with DSL/Fiber the AP is seen online all the time.

We thought this could be 4G signals issue but the signals are quite good.

Please see the AP info attached.

Ok. The BLINKING RED LED status on the AP indicates loss of connectivity to CloudManager. THis can be caused either due to an issue in the internet connection or if there are any firewalls blocking TCP443, ICMP traffic from the AP to CloudManager/8.8.8.8 .

Can you please let me know if you are available for a webex meeting sometime to debug this? When the AP's LED is Blinking RED , I can log into the AP and check why.

Regards,
    Vybhav

Hi Vybhav

can you please share your email ID so that i can share it with customer? They are in Saudi right now and I am in Dubai.

Hello @ePhenomena ,

vybhav.ramachandran at ruckuswireless dot com

Regards,
    Vybhav

• HeathlandHeathland Member Posts: 85

Hi Vybhavram,

Have you received my DM?
    Still suffering the issue with a few Xi-1 units at customer site(s) and I would still like to debug.

Please let me know, thank you!

BR!

• gha4gha4 Member Posts: 6

Hello everyone,

My site too experience this issue. If this is common, the workaround or fixes that you guys have, should be at least workable to be applied to others too. Please do share the results or findings here so that everyone will benefit from it.

Thanks and regards,
    Ghafur

• szsszs Member Posts: 4

Same problem here for months with 3 Xi-1 installed in one location, for testing as an intended replacement for Unifi APs. Tired of it. Deleting from Cloudmanager to manage the APs individually via web. Good idea, not that good execution

• gha4gha4 Member Posts: 6

@szs said:
    Same problem here for months with 3 Xi-1 installed in one location, for testing as an intended replacement for Unifi APs. Tired of it. Deleting from Cloudmanager to manage the APs individually via web. Good idea, not that good execution

Totally agree. If 1 to 5 APs, it is still manageable. But if 300 APs, we desperately need the CloudManager to be reliable.

Hello,

Our sincere apologies for the issues caused. Our team is debugging on this issue and working on issuing a fix for this very soon. Again, our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
    Vybhav

@szs said:

Hello,

Can you please help us with the following details?

1) What is the UP/DOWN speed of the internet uplink that you have?
    2) Can you please perform a "ping 8.8.8.8" command on any machine in the network and paste the output here?
    3) After rebooting the AP , do you notice any pattern of when the AP goes offline?

Regards,
    Vybhav

@gha4 said:

@szs said:

Totally agree. If 1 to 5 APs, it is still manageable. But if 300 APs, we desperately need the CloudManager to be reliable.

Hello,

Can you please help us with the following details to help pinpoint the root cause?

1) What is the UP/DOWN speed of the internet uplink that you have?
    2) Can you please perform a "ping 8.8.8.8" command on any machine in the network and paste the output here?
    3) After rebooting the AP , do you notice any pattern of when the AP goes offline?

Regards,
    Vybhav

Hello @gha4 , @szs ,

Can you please help me understand your network better?

Also, can you please also let me know
    1) What the DHCP lease time is for the AP's IP address?
    2) What is the DNS server IP that is sent to the AP as part of it's DHCP lease?

Regards
    Vybhav

• sineltelekomsineltelekom Member Posts: 7

Hello everyone,
    Just to share our expiernces with this matter. We also had a few simmilar issues with the cloud connection. As we figured out the problem is on some ADSL router firmwares or ISP provider dosent allow these ports. The most problems were with the ADSL router from the company ZTE (ZTE ZXDSL 931VII)...But good workaround to fix this is to put some decent router like Microtik or such..and put the ISP router on bridge mode or if you're using IPTV on PPOE pass through and let Microtik manange your internet connection. If you can't afford for a extra router you can always try to ask your ISP for some other model of the router and then try the connection again. Hope that it helps a bit. And sorry for my english...Nest regards.

Hello @sineltelekom ,

Thank you for your inputs.

Regards,
    Vybhav

Hello @gha4 , @szs ,

Did you have any luck trying @sineltelekom 's suggestion? Did that help at all?

If not, would it be possible to help me with the following information?

1) What the DHCP lease time is for the AP's IP address?
    2) What is the DNS server IP that is sent to the AP as part of it's DHCP lease?
    3) Does ICMP ping to 8.8.8.8 always work in your network? Do you see it stop/start anytime?

Regards,
    Vybhav