When the next update to Harmony going to be released - its been a while?

DAVIDBARROWDAVIDBARROW Member Posts: 25

When the next update to Harmony going to be released? Version 1.1.2 (187) came out 29th Jun last year.

Answers

• Hi @DAVIDBARROW,

We are not planning for any update for now.

Thanks
    Ramesh

• DAVIDBARROWDAVIDBARROW Member Posts: 25

Is Harmony still a core product then? It's a long time between improvements for an app. Harmony was a key reason why I purchased five X-Claim Xi3s and I would be concerned if it is to be left behind.

• meedermeeder Member Posts: 11

They want you to use the cloud service. I am dissapointed about it as well but I have switched to the cloud service. Without proper app support the device will become useless if Xclaim ever decides to quit this business.

• vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,064
    edited May 2016

Hello @meeder , @DAVIDBARROW ,

We are no longer releasing updates for Harmony since our efforts are oriented towards managing it via CloudManager. CloudManager is far superior compared to Harmony, with multiple new features that are not available when managing the APs via the APP.

If you would still like the manage the APs locally , you can delete the AP from CloudManager and manage the AP via it's web UI. This can be opened by going to <https://AP's IP address>.

Regards,
    Vybhav

I'm disappointed with this decision and disappointed with XClaim for not announcing this change of policy to all users.

I've tried your suggestion of using <https://APs IP Address but that generates a message that Safari can't verify the identity of the website "AP's IP address" because the certificate was signed by an untrusted issuer. If I want to ignore the warning I have to choose what to use, what SSL value and what X.509 Basic Policy value.

Can you fix the certificate?

Hello @DAVIDBARROW ,

There should be an option to just ignore the warning and proceed. We will take this up and let you know once we have some updates regarding this.

Regards,
    Vybhav

I tried ignoring the option and the Xclaim Wireless admin page asks for a username and password. As Harmony only asked for a password, I'm not sure what username it is looking for? The obvious ones do not work.

Reluctantly, I've transferred the APs to CloudManager and its seems to give me less information than Harmony - there's no attempt to give a name or type for each client - their all unknown; the IP Address is incorrect or at least not a recognisable as a local one (i.e. 192.168.1.xxx); the OS Types are all Other (they should be iOS or MacOS or other several others). One of the Clients is showing a good rather than excellent Signal Strength but how do I find out which one it is (the Client list RSSI vales are not colour coded)?

Can I not provide client names and OS types if they are not delectable?

How can I find out which clients are accessing which networks through which APs and what the signal strengths are?

I'm getting a client with a very odd MAC Address - it is an AirPlay Receiver with a fixed MAC of 84:5D:D7:A1:C3:15 but CloudManager reports it as 70:48:0f:d2:61:80 - how could this be so?

Hello @DAVIDBARROW ,

Thank you for trying CloudManager.

We have noticed an issue with iOS devices (which is across multiple platforms/vendors) , running a newer iOS version, where the client details are not available. We are closely tracking this issue and will let you know if this issue is either fixed with the newer iOS update or if we can perform a workaround to display the client statistics.

In order to find which networks the clients are connected to , please head on over to the CLients page in CLoudManager. At the bottom, you should see a table showing the list of all connected clients and their details. One of those details is the "SSID" that they are connected to. To filter and show only clients connected to a particular SSID , please type in the name of the SSID in the filter box at the top right corner of the clients table.

We can have a meeting to decode why the AirPlay receiver's MAC is different from the actual MAC address of the receiver. Would that be ok?

Regards,
    Vybhav

Thanks for the response. I'm happy to have a call but the MAC address has now corrected itself to one I recognise. I am getting several 0.0.0.0 IP addresses (these are the only ones in a IP address format)! See

Why are the IP addresses for the clients not in a 192.168.1.xxx format?

Is there a way to find out which channels each AP is broadcasting on for each SSID?

@DAVIDBARROW said:
    Thanks for the response. I'm happy to have a call but the MAC address has now corrected itself to one I recognise. I am getting several 0.0.0.0 IP addresses (these are the only ones in a IP address format)! See

Hello David,

We notice this issue sometimes when a client moves from 2.4 to 5GHz or vice versa. Do you still see the client entry after 15 minutes and a refresh of the clients page?

Regards,
    Vybhav

@DAVIDBARROW said:
    Is there a way to find out which channels each AP is broadcasting on for each SSID?

Hello David,

When the 2.4 and 5GHz channel allocation is set to "AUTO" , currently , the operating channel of the radio is not being shown. This feature will be added in the upcoming cloudmanager update.

Regards,
    Vybhav

re:

Hello David,

We notice this issue sometimes when a client moves from 2.4 to 5GHz or vice versa. Do you still see the client entry after 15 minutes and a refresh of the clients page?

Regards,
    Vybhav

The 0.0.0.0 IP addresses occurs for devices that are static and 2.4GHz only as well as for a MAC that is 5GHz only and devices that roam and could connect to 2.4GHz or 5GHz.

The attached screenshot belong shows some with a 0.0.0.0 address, one on 2.4GHz , one son 5GHz, two with a 7 character number (e.g. 1208833) and one with the correct IP address: 192.168.1.236.

Regards

David

Refreshing the Client Page does not change the odd IP addresses.

Hi Vybhav

Do you have an answer to my the ip addresses for my clients are odd?

Regards

David

Hello @DAVIDBARROW ,

Apologies for the delay. The erroneous IP addressing is a bug in our AP firmware which will be fixed along with our upcoming CLoudManager update (Q3 of this year).

Regards,
    Vybhav

Q3? When exactly? I really feel like the decision to by a Xclaim product was the wrong one. Just about forcing someone to use the cloud option which disables local administration. Waste of money these products.

Hello @meeder,

Unfortunately, we do not have an exact date of release. We will definitely share the date the moment it is finalised. All our future upgrades are being planned for cloudmanager. It is exponentially more powerful than any means of local management and this is why most of our efforts are focused on this. We highly encourage our customers to try cloudmanager.

Regards,
    Vybhav

Yes but whenever Ruckus decides to drop support we end up with useless devices. We have no means of properly administrating the devices without cloud manager.

Hello @meeder ,

The AP's WebUI + Harmony will still remain viable means to manage Xclaim APs. It's just that their functionality will be limited. For the full feature set, we encourage you to use CLoudManager.

Regards,
    Vybhav