Faulty Xclaim access points will be replaced by Xclaim Wireless as long as they are within their warranty period. The standard warranty period for any Xclaim AP managed via Cloudmanager is 2 years.
Before submitting a RMA request, here are some checks that you could to ensure that it is indeed a hardware/software issue:
Please ensure your AP is running the latest firmware version. You can do this is rebooting the AP twice with a 10 minute gap between each reboot. Please note - During these reboots, the AP needs to be connected to the internet in order to download and install the latest firmware version.
If you are noticing frequent signal drops and client disconnections , can you please try setting the 2.4 or 5GHz channel to a static value and see if that helps?
If your AP's LED is not powering on (AP dead), please try the following steps:
- Please replace the ethernet cables and check if the AP now powers on
- If you are using the PoE injector to power on the AP , please try using a PoE switch(if available) and seeing if that helps.
- If you are using a PoE switch to power on the AP , please try changing the port that the AP is connected to. If that doesn't work, please try powering on the AP through a PoE injector(if available).
- If you are observing a certain pattern on the AP's LED , here is what it means:
- SOLID RED - AP has not received an IP address. Xclaim APs need to receive an IP address from your DHCP server. Please check if you have a DHCP server in your network. If you do, please check the DHCP server logs to verify if the AP has been granted a DHCP lease.
- BLINKING RED - The AP has received an IP address but is unable to reach CloudManager via the internet. This usually indicates an internet connectivity issue. Also , if you have a firewall in your network, please allow SSL(TCP 443) , ICMP and NTP (UDP 123) traffic to passthrough. These 3 ports need to be opened to ensure that the AP communicates with CloudManager and vice-versa.
- BLINKING GREEN - The AP is able to reach cloudmanager but has not been registered yet. In order to register , please create an account on cloudmanager and add the serial number of the AP.
- SOLID GREEN - The AP is online and is functioning correctly.
If the above points do not solve your issue , please feel free to raise a RMA ticket over at http://www.xclaimwireless.com/rma