Are Harmony and Cloud Manager mutually exclusive ?

patmolloypatmolloy Member Posts: 5

Do I have to use one or the other, or can I used both? I have an Xi-3 visible and working in Harmnoy. If I try to add in Cloud Manager, it disappears !

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi @patmolloy,

You can use either Harmony or CloudManager not both at the same time to manage the AP's.

Thanks
    Ramesh

• patmolloypatmolloy Member Posts: 5

OK, thanks. So I just close the app and then add the Xi-3 from scratch in CloudManager ?

Ok, so I am a little confused. I closed Harmony on the iPhone. And added the AP in CloudManager. CloudManager thinks it's offline. Have given it 15 mins so far ..

Are CloudManager and Harmony in Sync/sharing the same data ?

I thought of trying to login to the local web interface (in my case https://192.168.254.188/login.asp). I get a username/password dialog but neither my Harmony nor Cloudmanager credentials work. Are there other credentials ?

Thanks

Pat

@rameshc said:
    Hi @patmolloy,

You can use either Harmony or CloudManager not both at the same time to manage the AP's.

Thanks
    Ramesh

Hi Ramesh,

Sorry to be perhaps overly pedantic, but I think the answer to my original question is "YES - They are mutually exclusive". Either use one or the other but not both. I think many people (like me) might expect both CloudManager and Harmony to work (even if not at the exact same moment) by having a shared view of the network.

So, I am now configured using CloudManager successfully.

Am I able to SSH into the device still or not ? I do get a login prompt but not sure what credentials to use now.

Thanks again.

Pat

• Hello Pat,

CloudManager is responsive web based solution and you should be able to manage the AP's from any of your device. SSH is restricted when managed through cloud.

Thanks
    Ramesh