Problem with Client Isolation?

ShyrtolShyrtol Member Posts: 1

I don't know if this is the correct category for this but here it goes.

I have a Xi-3 that I am fairly happy with, easy setup with the cloud Manager but I was having a problem with connecting my Chromecast and Logitech Harmony Hub to it. They just wouldn't connect. Checked all tips online and none helped (Including made sure Client Isolation was off).

So finally I tested the Client Isolation feature. Lo and behold - wireless clients could not connect to each other. Wireless and wired clients could ping each other (both ways) but not wireless to wireless. This explains why neither of the devices were willing to setup properly.

So I checked the Cloud Manager and it still said that Client Isolation was off. So I turned it on and now no (!) devices could ping the wireless clients. Not even wired ones.

So turning it off again and now everyone can ping everyone and both Logitech Harmony and Chromecast is setup on my network!

Just thought this would help out someone.

Comments

• vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,064

Hello @Shyrtol ,

With Client isolation enabled , all wireless to wireless,wired communication should be disabled . But in your setup , with client isolation disabled, all communication should have been allowed.

What was the LED status on the AP during this time? Was it a SOLID GREEN? This is a question just to check if the AP had an active connection with CloudManager and if the configuration was correctly applied.

Regards,
    Vybhav

• alanauldalanauld Member Posts: 6

I am also having the same problem. I have two SSID's one that has client isolation disabled, the other enabled. Both SSID's allow access to the wired LAN. I've restarted the AP but still having the same problem. How do I ensure Client Isolation works when it is enabled?

Alan

• Hello @alanauld,

I can see that you have posted AP offline issue. Was your AP online when Client isolation was enabled or disabled ?

Thanks
    Ramesh

• alanauldalanauld Member Posts: 6

Yes, the AP was online.

• Hello @alanauld,

Let me know your comfortable time to debug both AP offline and Client isolation issue. You can email your details to ramesh.chandrasekar@ruckuswireless.com

Thanks
    Ramesh