New builds ready for AP's 2.1.0.0.68

2»

Comments

• vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,064

Hello @hillel ,

Can you try some URL in the web browser : for example : http://1.2.3.4 and see if you are getting redirected?

Regards,
    Vybhav

• hillelhillel Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2016

No redirect. No internet.
    I also wanted to know if Xclaim upgrades automatically when connected to msp cloud? I ask b/c purple is having a problem upgrading to 2.1.0.0.68.

Hello @hillel ,

Yes. Xclaim Aps upgrade automatically when connected to the internet. To upgrade an AP , please connect it to the internet , wait for 10 minutes and reboot the AP. The AP should be running the latest firmware version.

Regards,
    Vybhav

Hello @hillel ,

We just tested captive portal redirection using an android phone and purple wifi . It appears to be working fine.

Can you please try performing a factory reset of the AP and trying again?

Regards,
    Vybhav

• hillelhillel Member Posts: 5

did that. still no popup.

Hello @hillel ,

Please look for my DM.

Regards,
    Vybhav

edited March 2016

Hello All,

In this particular case, it was an upstream network issue which appeared to be blocking DNS requests from android devices. Further investigation is going on to find out why this is happening.

When the customer moved this AP to another network, captive portal redirection started working for all devices(including android).

Regards,
    Vybhav

• chadmcdonaldchadmcdonald Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2016

@urosgruber said:
    I also have disconnection issues with Xi-3 and Apple devices, mostly MacBooks.

We have an office full of Macbooks, iPhones, and iPads and have been having disconnection problems as well as stoppage of all throughput (ping times to the default gateway skyrocket, can't get to websites, etc.) since the latest firmware update (.68). When will a fix be made available?

@chadmcdonald There could be a variety of factors that could be causing this. Can you try the following:

1) Setting the 2.4 and 5GHz channels to static values
    2) If you are still seeing the problem after step 1 , please try changing the 2.4 and 5GHz channels to other values.

Regards,
    Vybhav

@vybhavram I have have tried setting the 2.4Ghz and 5GHz channels to static values (channel 1 for 2.4 and channel 36 for 5 in this case) and I am still having problems with Apple devices dropping connections to the AP. Sometimes turning the wifi card off and then back on several times works to get the devices reconnected, but sometimes that doesn't work. Rebooting the AP is the only solution that I've found to work all the time. This problem was definitely introduced in the .68 firmware release as we've had these XI-3 AP's in our environment for a while and have never had this problem. When will a new firmware be released to address this issue?

Hello @chadmcdonald ,

Please look for my DM. let's have a call to debug this issue.

Regards,
    Vybhav

HI @vybhavram, No DM from you yet. Let me know when you want to have a call.

• glaza777glaza777 Member Posts: 3

Hi @vybhavram, one of my two Xi-3 APs refuses to upgrade from 2.0.0.0.355 to 2.1.0.0.68. It set connected to Internet for two days. I reset it few times, added and removed from CloudManager 1.3.0.1. What else should I try?

Hello @glaza777 ,

Can you please let me know if you would be available for a quick webex meeting? I could log into the APs and check why they aren't upgrading.

Regards,
    Vybhav

@vybhavram, I am available all day today (ET)

@vybhavram, and the option to upgrade Xi-3 to 2.1.0.0.68 just appeared this morning - it took one week to do so. Upgrade itself went well.

Hello @glaza777 ,

Glad to hear the AP upgraded.

Regards,
    Vybhav

• stembystemby Member Posts: 6

Hello I have Xi-2 with 2.1.0.0.68 and since that (probably) Im experiencing connectivity problems. My Samsung smart TVs (2pcs) disconnecting from WiFi many times a day, my WP8.1 and Android 5 devices disconnecting (or not disconnecting but unable to reach gateway which is on that Xi-2) my PC with TP-Link Wifi adapter totally same problem....

Could you please investigate it or make some workaround for that, as I understod, Im one of many with the same issue...

Thank you....

• shriramrsshriramrs Member, Xpert, Moderator Posts: 157

Hello @stemby,

Can you please try setting the 2.4 and 5GHz channels to a static value and check if you are still seeing issues?
    If issue still persists, then try changing 2.4 and 5GHz channels to some other values.

Regards,
    Shriram

2»