New builds ready for AP's 2.1.0.0.68

Below is the release notes

Build 2.1.0.0.68 is available for all APs. Here are the release notes:
Product : Xclaim Xi-1/2/3 and Xo-1
Build : 2.1.0.0.68 (CURRENT RELEASE)
Release Date : 01/15/2016

​* Bug fixes which include statistics for Xi-1 & Xi-2 not shown in the dashboard

Comments

• jjm.smitsjjm.smits Member Posts: 7

The right AP's status information readable again in Cloudmanager with this installed fixed firmware..
    Did take some time (and pushes on the refresh icon in cloudmanager) to show it, but it's there..
    Someway i cannot find the AP's actual firmware version now. But it does not show that there is a update available thats correct

Thanks, Jan

• ProgjesProgjes Member Posts: 44
    For me it took quite some time as well before the AP turned green in cloudmanager again. But wifi was up quite quick again. Thnx
  • vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,064

Hello,

Xclaim APs detect the availablility of a new firmware version either:

• Once every 24 hours, when an automatic check is run
      (or)

• When the AP reboots, it performs a firmware check.

So, there is a good chance that, within 24 hours of the firmware release, you might not notice the "UPGRADE" button light up in CloudManager.

However, after 24 hours, you should be seeing the upgrade button light up for all the APs. If you don't and you see the AP running an older firmware version, please let us know and we will troubleshoot the issue.

Regards,
    Vybhav

• jjm.smitsjjm.smits Member Posts: 7

Following my post of 14th January, i found again where i can find the actual installed firmware; by clicking on the AP's serial no. in the CM screen ACCESS POINTS. I don't know if this changed, but anyway there it is (a little hidden). All OK now, thanks.

Further more i would suggest that you notice registrered users (by e-mail) that there is a firmware update available; as long a the AP's function well i dont't need to use Cloudmanager other then for using statistics in special cases.

Best regards and thanks again
    Jan

• ctdefender110ctdefender110 Member Posts: 10

Ramesh,

Is the team aware that the "tabular" formatting for the "Access Points" and "Clients" pages is not working correctly. I have tried it using four different machines and all popular browsers. I get a long multi-line list that is very tedious to go through. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance

• sx9090sx9090 Member Posts: 16

Since this latest firmware came out, I've been having nothing but problems, and a buddy I recommended xclaim to is as well. My primary wireless network keeps basically shooting itself in the head. After hours to days of use, I'll start getting a massive increase in latency (on the LAN), and dropped packets (also on the LAN) for anything connected to the AP. Pinging the AP itself, all is well. Pinging from wired hosts all the way to the AP are fine, pinging anything on the wireless from a wired host gets the same behavior as the other direction (dropped packets and latency). I switch over to the guest network, and everything is fine and dandy. I've had 0 issues prior to the latest firmware.

Is there any way to downgrade to the previous rev for troubleshooting purposes? I'm currently running this standalone via the web interface.

• sx9090sx9090 Member Posts: 16

Second update - I see it not just on my macbook, but also on my ipad and iphone. Android device and Vizio TV seem to be fine. Pinging my buddy, he's seeing the issue on Apple devices as well. Just to troubleshoot, I tried pulling this out and putting in a ubiquiti AP I had lying around, and there are 0 issues.

So - can I please get some instructions on rolling back to the previous version so I can try doing some troubleshooting?

• Hi @sx9090,

There is no way to roll back the firmware. Like me know If you would like to have a debug session ?

Thanks
    Ramesh

• ctdefender110ctdefender110 Member Posts: 10

@ctdefender110 said:
    Ramesh,

Is the team aware that the "tabular" formatting for the "Access Points" and "Clients" pages is not working correctly. I have tried it using four different machines and all popular browsers. I get a long multi-line list that is very tedious to go through. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Bump

• Hello,

We will be releasing a CloudManager update next week to fix the formatting for 'Access Points' and "Clients" tab. Thank you for the patience.

Thanks
    Ramesh

• daneroyddaneroyd Member Posts: 1

Hello

I am also having issues with two Xi-3's in different locations since upgrading to .68 It seems to be causing disconnects with Apple devices. Everything has been working great before the upgrade.

thank you.

• kanu978kanu978 Member Posts: 24

My apple devices are having issues and getting disconnected as well on Xi-3. I just went in and reset network connections on the iPhone settings, and this seems to fix the issue. However, not everybody wants to have their network connections reset. Any fix available?

• urosgruberurosgruber Member Posts: 2

I also have disconnection issues with Xi-3 and Apple devices, mostly MacBooks.

Hello @urosgruber , @kanu978

Can you please try setting the 2.4 and 5GHz channels to static values and try?

Regards,
    Vybhav

• kanu978kanu978 Member Posts: 24

Mine are on static for both 2.4 and 5. I have 4 Xi-3s, the channels are set on 1, 6, 11, and 1 so that 1 is spatially farthest away from the other for the 2.4 GHz. For 5 GHz, they are set on 36, 40, 44, and 48. Both bands on 20 MHz width.

• urosgruberurosgruber Member Posts: 2

I set 5GHz to 108 and 2.4GHz to 4. I'll see if it helps.

"Unexpected payload found for message 9, dataLen 0"

Btw, this is in the wifi.log when client is visually connected but not getting any transfer through. I need to turn off the wifi and then back on and all is back to normal.

• JohnAJohnA Member Posts: 13

Looks like the issues with the formatting of AP and Networks pages are related to Page width. On a widescreen desktop in IE we can see the nice column view, but as soon as the screen is a little narrower, it switches into 'mobile' view and makes the tedious long list. So you get this long list with iPad, iPhone and any time you don't have the browser at almost full with of the desktop screen.

Hello ,

The issue of the formatting has been fixed and will be released as part of the upcoming CloudManager update.

Regards,
    Vybhav

• larussalarussa Member Posts: 17

When can we expect the next release?

Also, need SNMP support.

• larussalarussa Member Posts: 17
  • hillelhillel Member Posts: 5

I would also like to know if a downgrade is possible to 2.1.0.0.66 for purple testing purposes.

• Hello @hillel,

Purple Wifi is supported in both build .66 and .68. Can you please let me know the specifics of your testing so we can help you out.

Thanks
    Ramesh

The problem is splash page popup doesn't come up on Android devices. We have xi-1 ver.2.1.0.0.68 and we're testing purple on it. We've had succes with  Windows and iPhone devices. After contacting purple support, they've had success with ver. 2.1.0.0.50. On Android but haven't tested ver. 2.1.0.0.68.(they are trying to upgrade for testing purposes without success :( ).

Hello @hillel ,

Just to clarify, can you confirm if the Android devices were able to associate to the WLAN and obtain an IP address?

If yes, then what do you see when you open a browser and try and browse to some website?

Regards
    Vybhav

edited March 2016
    Android devices were able to associate to the WLAN and obtain an IP address.
    No popup splash page  like in iPhone or Windows.
    When opening browser, no internet connection. Tested on Android 4.3 and 6.0.1