Access Point Hardware Specs

GTHillGTHill Xpert Posts: 27
edited October 2014 in All AP Hardware Discussions
Here is a quick rundown on the specs for the Xclaim AP line. Of course you can visit xclaimwireless.com for more details.

All of Xclaim APs are configured and managed with the Harmony app available on iTunes and Google Play Store.

GT

Xi-1
802.11n indoor
2x2:2 (300 Mbps)
Single radio, selectable between 2.4 and 5GHz.
Datasheet: Xi-1

Xi-2
802.11n indoor
2x2:2 (600 Mbps)
Dual band concurrent 2.4 and 5GHz
Datasheet: Xi-2

Xi-3
802.11ac indoor
2x2:2 (1.167 Gbps)
Datasheet: Xi-3

Xo-1
802.11ac outdoor
2x2:2 (1.167 Gbps)
Datasheet: Xo-1

Comments

• SpringsSprings Member Posts: 114
    How about actual performance.

Signal Levels for radios
    Gain of Antennas
    Type of Antennas
    Type of Transmission
    Beam Forming
    Number of concurrent clients
  • ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457
    These are all detailed in the specs documents you can find at http://www.xclaimwireless.com/#products
  • IguanIguan Member Posts: 9
    There are some things missing which I think should be there in the datasheets:

1) Antenna patterns
    2) Mounting options
  • ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457
    These are all omni-directional antennas and we will add a pattern soon. Mounting for this is a bit different since the use case is small locations. We have less concern about mounting in these setups than some high density configuration.

Thanks
  • dan_computerxdan_computerx Member Posts: 26
    I know this is "Wi-Fi for the Non-IT Guy," but it is the IT Guy who makes the decisions for a lot of small businesses. We* would appreciate more technical information. Perhaps you could publish a second spec sheet aimed at professionals.

In particular I would like to see receive sensitivity, antenna patterns, and a list of the amendments supported. e.g. If I see 802.11h I will think I might have a chance at wide channels. " Please see pricelist" is less than helpful when we don't have a pricelist :smile:

I get that this is day one. I'm just excited :smiley:

Dan

* at least some of us ;-)
  • josejose Member Posts: 68
    We really need those full detail specs. I want to know the main difference between the Ruckus and Xclaim APs.
    Do they also have a limited amount of clients or APs?
    How many antenna patterns?
    How about beamflex?
  • GTHillGTHill Xpert Posts: 27
    jose said:

We really need those full detail specs. I want to know the main difference between the Ruckus and Xclaim APs.
    Do they also have a limited amount of clients or APs?
    How many antenna patterns?
    How about beamflex?

If you look at the original post there should be links to data sheets that should answer your other questions. There is no BeamFlex in these products.

GT

I see that datasheets are still changing. 12 hours ago Xi-2 datasheets had some UDP performance numbers, Xi-3 datasheets had some info about antenna patterns ... :smile:

But OK. dan_computerx has the point. No small business owner makes descision about WiFi themselves. And even if they would, they (or they wives ;) want to know where they can put these boxes - on the wall, ceiling?
    OK, got answer to the mounting question from another thread. For the reference - the bottom of the indoor models is the same as in R300.